New in the Deep Security 12 Feature Release API
The following changes have been made since the release of the Deep Security 12.0 API. Also see What’s New in the Deep Security Help Center for information about general product changes.
The Container Control module controls whether a container can run on a Docker host that is protected by a Deep Security Agent, based on parameters that you configure. You can block privileged containers from running, or allow them to run but log an event. If you have Deep Security Smart Check running in your environment, you can also block containers where Smart Check has found malware or vulnerabilities.
Use the CRUD operations of the /api/registryscanners endpoint to automate your Container Control tasks. For more information see the Configure Container Control and Connect Smart Check and Manager guides.
Google Cloud Platform integration
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) has been integrated with Deep Security. You can now view new GCP instances that come online or are removed, and which instances have protection. If you are using multiple clouds on-premise and in your data center, Deep Security can provide visibility for all of your environments.
- The response time has been greatly reduced when calling
- The response to
/api/administratorsoperations now includes the
- You can now search on the
hostGUIDfield when searching computers
AzureVirtualMachineSummaryproperty of the Computers API now includes the Azure Subscription ID. See the sample for a 200 response for the Describe a Computer operation in the API Reference.
- Improved the error message when locked-out API keys are used
- Added an error message to
/api/computersfor attempts to delete a cloud-connected computer
- Improved the error message that is returned when you use an invalid computer group ID as an argument for the operations of
New and updated content
- In the API Reference, the descriptions for /api operations that are performed on single settings have been updated
- Added the Configure Container Control and Connect Smart Check and Manager guides
- Added the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Connector guide
- Added the API Cookbook to the Guides section. Cookbooks step you through a basic task using either Bash (cURL) or PowerShell.
- The Search for Resources guide provides a new example that searches for null values
- Added the SDK Version Compatibility guide that explains which versions of the SDK and Deep Security are compatible.
- Added information about how to determine when the last recommendation scan ran on a computer. See “Find when recommendation scans last ran” in the Assign Rules with Recommendation Scans guide
- Added information to guides about how to easily set a single setting:
- Fixed an issue where
/apiaccepted requests to enable SAP on computers that do not support SAP
- Fixed an issue with the API key wizard where the wizard immediately saved the API key when the user specified the role ID
- Fixed an issue where
GET /api/tenants(i.e. list all tenants) would not return a response if a tenant was in a state of suspension due to a database lock
- Fixed an issue with the
/api/systemsettings/endpoint that caused a 4xx error response
- Fixed an issue with
platformSettingAgentInitiatedActivationEnabledsetting where setting values sometimes didn’t match the value that was displayed in the Deep Security Manager GUI
- The SOAP API can no longer be used to delete Deep Security Rule Updates that are currently applied
- Fixed an issue in the
antiMalwareEventRetrieveendpoint of the legacy SOAP API