The Deep Security as a Service changelog has moved to the Workload Security API changelog. This page is no longer being updated.
April 9, 2020
The AWS Connector API now returns more informative error messages.
February 27, 2020
Use the API to add an Amazon Web Services (AWS) connector and synchronize EC2 Instances and WorkSpaces from AWS to Deep Security:
/rest/cloudaccounts/awsendpoint now include a
Deprecated:trueheader. This does not immediately impact any functionality.
As of June 1, 2020, calls to /rest/awsconnectors/aws that attempt to add an AWS cloud account using a cross account role with a customer-provided external ID will fail as an invalid request. To resolve this issue, update your automation scripts to use the new /api/awsconnectors endpoint.
For more information, see https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/00024197.
January 07, 2020
- Enhanced GCP Connector API documentation for the request parameter and searchable fields
- In the
expandparameter of /api/computers, the
allSecurityModulesoption now includes Application Control
- Updated /api/sessions to improve error handling when the body of the request is empty
January 09, 2020
Updated the Scheduled Tasks API so that if a task is disabled, the returned
nextRunTime value is
December 19, 2019
Added a new Cookbook recipe: Assign a Policy to Many Computers.
December 10, 2019
/api/apikeys/currentendpoint. POST to this endpoint to change the properties of the API key that is used to authenticate the request.
/api/apikeys/current/secretkeyendpoint. POST to this endpoint to change the secret API key of the API key that is used to authenticate the request.
- The API now ensures that
recommendationModecan only be set to
- An error with
securityProfileRecommendationRuleIDsRetrieveoccurred when the SOAP API was used to override a recommended rule for a policy using the following steps:
- Override the “Alert” option.
- Do not override “Events – Inherited”.
This issue is fixed in this release.
November 21, 2019
- Updated /api calls to ensure system setting changes are tracked in system events
- Adjusted the error message for creating a registry scanner API when using an HTTP URL to specify whether the URL is invalid
October 31, 2019
- Improved API Reference documentation for computer objects.
- Updated error messages for duplicate names when creating an administrator or API key
September 26, 2019
Added the API Cookbook to the Guides section. Cookbooks step you through a basic task using either Bash (cURL) or PowerShell.
September 6, 2019
- Improved the error message that is returned when you use an invalid computer group ID as an argument for the operations of
August 27, 2019
- The response to
/api/administratorsoperations now includes the
- You can now search on the
hostGUIDfield when searching computers
August 20, 2019
The Search for Resources guide provides a new example that searches for null values.
August 15, 2019
- The AzureVirtualMachineSummary property of the Computers API now includes the Azure Subscription ID. See the sample for a 200 response for the Describe a Computer operation in the API Reference.
- The new SDK Version Compatibility guide explains which versions of the SDK and Deep Security are compatible
August 1, 2019
In the API Reference, the descriptions for /api operations that are performed on single settings have been updated.
July 23, 2019
- The SOAP API can no longer be used to delete Deep Security Rule Updates that are currently applied.
July 16, 2019
- Improved the error message for locked-out API keys
- Added information about how to find when the last recommendation scan ran on a computer. See “Find when recommendation scans last ran” in the Assign Rules with Recommendation Scans guide
July 12, 2019
Added information to guides about how to easily set a single setting:
- Configure Deep Security Manager System Settings
- “Retrieve the value of a policy setting or default policy setting” and “Configure a single policy or default policy setting” in the Create and Configure a Policy guide
- “Configure a single computer setting” in the Configure Computers to Override Policies guide
July 11, 2019
- Added an error message to
/api/computersfor attempts to delete a cloud-connected computer
- Fixed an issue where
/apiaccepts requests to enable SAP on computers that do not support SAP
July 9, 2019
- The response time has been greatly reduced when calling
- Fixed an issue in the
antiMalwareEventRetrieveendpoint of the legacy SOAP API
June 27, 2019
- Fixed an issue with the API key wizard where the wizard immediately saved the API key when the user specified the role ID
- Fixed an issue where
GET /api/tenants(i.e. list all tenants) would not return a response if a tenant was in a state of suspension due to a database lock
June 25, 2019
- Corrected an issue with the
/api/systemsettings/endpoint that caused a 4xx error response
- Fixed an issue with
platformSettingAgentInitiatedActivationEnabledsetting where setting values sometimes didn’t match the value that was displayed in the Deep Security Manager GUI
June 18, 2019
The Scripts API and the Scripts object are no longer available in DSaaS. These items are available only to the primary tenant and are not applicable to tenants.
June 7, 2019
- Added validation to the
/api/administratorsendpoint to ensure primary contacts have emails.
- Computer vCloud VMs are searchable using the
/api/computersendpoints enable you to get, modify, and reset a specific system, policy, and computer setting, respectively.
May 22, 2019
- Added the Performance Tips guide. Includes information about how to use the
expandparameter with methods and functions of the
ComputerApiclass to minimize response sizes, and other strategies to increase performance.
- Updated code examples to use the expand parameter in various guides.
May 16, 2019
- Added a new query parameter
expandto /api/computers that filters the data that is included in the response. The query parameter is available on the describe, list, and search operations.
- When you use the API to create, modify, or delete a Security Update scheduled task, Send Policy is executed for the computer that is assigned the task.
May 09, 2019
- Exposed the
- Computers that are managed by an AWS cloud connector now contain the AWS account ID
- The deprecated
quarantineRecordIDfield was removed from the response of the legacy AntiMalware Events API without notice. This issue is fixed in this release. The
quarantineRecordIDfield was added back to the API response.
- Fixed an issue where certain links to API keys did not work as expected.
April 25, 2019
Added code examples to API Rate Limits that show how to retry a call when an API rate limit is exceeded.
April 11, 2019
- Enabled API rate limiting to prevent malicious or accidental over-use. See API Rate Limits.
- Added information about how to use the API to generate an agent deployment script to the Use the Deep Security Deployment Scripts guide.
- Added the Changelog link to the main navigation bar.
April 5, 2019
/api/computers endpoint now supports searching on the
March 28, 2019
Examples that are featured in Automation Center guides are now provided in the public Deep Security Automation Center SDK Samples GitHub repository. See the readme for how to run the samples.
March 21, 2019
Expanded support in the
/api/computers endpoint to enable searching on numerous objects. See the Computer field descriptions in the API reference to see what is searchable. Also see the Search for Resources guide.
March 14, 2019
- All calls to to non-existent /api endpoints now return a 404 error instead of a 400 error.
- Application Control API capabilities have been introduced to /api. The following API endpoints have been added:
/api/softwareinventories. The following settings have been added to
computerSettingsfor the Computers API:
maintenanceModeEndTime(read-only). See Configure Application Control.
February 14, 2019
Published the Add Computers guide.
January 31, 2019
- Anti-Malware Configurations endpoints: Enhanced validation and guidance around scan actions.
- Generate an API Key for the Tenant operation: New error message indicates when a tenant is not in an active state.
- Rule assignment operations: Error messages for rule dependency issues now include the ID of the dependent rule, for example when a rule is assigned to a policy and the rule depends on another rule that is not yet assigned.
January 24, 2019
- New API endpoint
/api/agentdeploymentscripts. Use to generate Deep Security Agent deployment scripts for Linux, Windows or Solaris platforms.
- New guide: Troubleshooting Tips
December 20, 2018
New guides content for SDKs: